Signing Made Easy: A Complete Program for Learning and Using Sign Language in Everyday Life (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
A comprehensive guide to learning and using Sign Language in everyday life
The authors of the acclaimed Perigee Visual Dictionary of Signing and The Pocket Dictionary of Signing have created a text and workbook in one. This volume will teach you how to use signing in English sentence format. Signing Made Easy offers the most thorough, step-by-step approach to learning sign language, complete with drills and practice exercises to increase signing ability and understanding.
Presented in a large-format, easy-to-follow design, this book includes:
• More than 3,500 different signs, with clear illustrations and descriptions
• Instructions on how to sign in complete sentences
• Exercises for learning how to give and receive signs
• Drills to reinforce vocabulary retention
• Chapters organized by subject -- from "Work and Careers" to "Family and Social Life" to "Food" --that build progressively on previous lessons
• The complete manual alphabet
• Spelling exercises throughout
• Instructions for forming numbers and inflections
• A complete index for easy reference
About the Author
Mickey Flodin is the author of Signing Everyday Phrases, Signing for Kids, Signing is Fun, Signing Illustrated, and co-author, with Rod R. Butterworth, of The Perigee Visual Dictionary of Signing, The Pocket Dictionary of Signing, and Signing Made Easy.